Since Big C Supercenter began its operations in 1993, Big C has dedicated and devoted to serving the needs of our customers. Moreover, Big C has always close to communities and is sensitive to their needs, by directly taking part in community-organized events. The more Big C expands its branches throughout the country, the more Big C has grown closer to local communities and assisting the communities in areas where help is truly needed. And today with Big C's potential, we established Big C Foundation on 10th May, 2002.
Big C Foundation is a non-profit organization with an objective of providing educational opportunities for disadvantaged children, support sports to Thai children and Thai people to prevent them from drugs and bring better quality of lives for all Thai people, Thai society, and the nation, at last.
For the last 5 years, Big C Foundation has financially supported Thai children for more than 100 million Baht with an objective to contribute in building quality citizen to the nation. Big C Foundation has organized activities to create educational opportunity for Thai children such as sponsoring scholarships for deprived students, constructing school buildings in upcountry, building basketball courts for children to prevent them from drugs, delivering sets of Thai Junior Encyclopedias to school libraries nationwide, constructing playgrounds for schools and communities, building orphan homes, etc.
Youth education and sports aspect:
- Constructed Big C school buildings for 15 schools in upcountry in Ubonratchathani, Surat Thani, Chiang Rai, Phitsanulok, Nakhon Pathom, Khon Kaen, Pattani, Phrae, Rayong, Udonthani, Nakhon Sawan and Songkla.
- Provided continuous 3 year-scholarship to deprived students in secondary school level all over the country for 2,200 scholarships annually.
- Provided continuous 3 year-scholarship to deprived students in upper secondary school level all over the country for 2,500 scholarships annually.
- Donated sets of Thai Junior Encyclopedias as initiated by His Majesty the King (30 issues with hard cover), as well as bookcases just like a mobile library for schools throughout the country.
- Donated 3,000 sets of Thai Junior Encyclopedias as initiated by His Majesty the King - Learning Promotion Series (6 issues per set) to 3,000 secondary schools all over the country, which is one of Thai Kids Love to Read project.
- Constructed 9 basketball courts in Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Phuket, Nakhon Pathom, Chonburi, Pathumthani and more in the future.
- Provided children's playgrounds to promote health and happiness to children at Railway Park (in Bangkok) and upcountry and more in the future.
After the natural disaster occurred, Big C Foundation has helped the victims immediately such as Tsunami in the southern part of Thailand in December, 2004 as per details below
- Provided financial support for 7 million Baht to Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn to construct school buildings to Her Royal Highness school Ban Tub Lamu in Phang-nga.
- Provided financial support to Her Royal Highness Princess Somsawalee for the Princess Pa Foundation.
- Constructed basketball courts to Rajapracha 36 school and Thar Chat Chai School in Phuket.
- Provided financial support for boat repair to Fishing Boat Association in Ranong. The total financial support is more than 12 million Baht.
Moreover, Big C Foundation has focused on helping the society and financially contributing scholarships to other social projects such as
- Helping the victims from the flood in the northern part in 2006 for 2.3 million Baht by providing to the Ministry office and Thai army.
- Contributed in forest growing project for His Majesty the King organized by the National Park, Wildlife and Plant Conservation Department.